audraey

audraey

Monday 1 February 2016

Check Out Amazing pencil Art Works From Basket Mouth's Brother Godwin Onyekachi Okpocha

Arts runs in the blood of the Okpochas, Meet Bright Okpocha's (Basketmouth) brother who is an Artist

Godwin Onyekachi Okpocha is an unpronounced artistic genius, a father of two based overseas and the elder bother to Nigeria popular comedian “Basket Mouth”. His unique designs can be classified from digital graphics, masterpiece sketching and illustrator smoothening. (See his works after the cut)



Surfing the net as usual, I came across this story about Basket Mouth's brother, who happens to be an artist, (another Kelvin Okafor). Getting his instagram ID, I checked him out @godwin4577, where he featured a friend of his:


"HOW MANY OF THESE GREAT ICON CAN YOU NAME?

''This week art feature goes to my brother, my best friend and best man at my wedding, my confidant, my undercover nerd partner, my art critic and advicer, amongst others...@dmakun @dmakun @dmakun. We went to the same secondary school, there we formed two comicbook universe DBG (DOTUN, BRIGHT, GODWIN) and later on SATURN COMICS, along side MY younger brother @basketmouth (yes he's an artist too), we created characters, made full comic books with these characters, from the storyline, pencilling, inking, colouring and lettering. We had such big dreams and this was back in 1989, @ahmaduusman was there. We later went to the same university where he went ahead and studied Fine and applied Art while I and my bro got lost in Sociology. We've been friends since the day we met (story that touches the heart) He's about the best painter I know on ground and these are his work. Oil on canvas. He doesn't display his work on his Instagram page unfortunately so I'm officially his manager, if y'all want a painting done professionally contact me and I'll contact him (by force manager). #art #arts #artist #artists #draw #drawing #drawings #painter #painting #oilpainting #oiloncanvas #fallenheroes #westafricanart #Africanartist #Africanartists #blackandwhite #whiteandblack #greyscale''

Instagram Feed
Seeing that, I continued on to search for @dmakun, who is really low profiled as he doesn't have his works up on his wall (and with very few followers).
But hey, it's all about Godwin Okpocha! It's nice seeing lot of creativity but then so many creative people get lost and diverse off the paths of Arts, either due to the wrong notion of 'Not been able to pay your bills with an art work' or pressure from family members.
Let Art live on #IAmArt

Have a peek at his works:





No comments:

Post a Comment