audraey

audraey

Wednesday 14 January 2015

TY Bello... My Third Photographer..


With all the new photo studios offering professional services and the wonderful photographers we all see on shutter chance, photography among Nigerians is no longer child’s play.

My number 3 photographer is a woman I envy. On October 10th 2014, she became a proud mother of Two - a set of twin boys, after 9 years of marriage. The twin boys have been named Christian and Christopher. Yes, Toyin ‘T.Y’ Bello nee Sokefun
She is a multi-talented young lady who was part of the group, KUSH (remember, Angels and Lets Live Together?), which was made up of her, Emem and Lara. She also studied economics at the University of Lagos.

T.Y is one of Nigeria’s foremost photographers, an internationally acclaimed portrait photographer and is part of the prestigious 'Depth of Field' Collective…The colours, shades and textures which she captures in her photographs are expressed in her music as well. “Art is about collecting experiences and expressing them. For me music and photography are similar art forms. I collect experiences, stir them in myself and express it in my own language. Just like my photography, music is my language.” Her music is eclectic: urbane, groovy and soulful; and is laced with hip hop, jazz and R&B.
Toyin Bello stages an annual photography exhibition to raise funds for orphans across the country. She is also a Director of Link-a-child; an NGO dedicated to propagating information on orphanages in Nigeria and soliciting sponsorship on their behalf.

Moving higher, the ex-Kush member is now one of the official photographers attached to the presidency. Not only did she shoot the photographs of the first family for the Thisday Style feature, she was also an active photographer at the presidential inauguration that held May 29, 2014. Great stuff, she's an amazing photographer!

I luv her work plus she's so down-to-earth...
I also luv her bohemian style...uber fab! Plus, she's a Naturalist, an epitome of a 'Natural Nigerian'.

Here is some of T.Y’s work









Credits: GistUsBellaNaija Blog1 CubedLinda Ikeji's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment